Friday, July 21, 2006

The Perils of Blogging

My friend Eva brought to my attention this week a blog called La Petite Anglaise, which gets about 3,000 hits a day and concerns the life of an expat 30-something Englishwoman working as a PA in a large public relations company (or at least I think that is what it is). Anyway things are, as they say, all going down right now. The lady in question, known only by her first name Catherine has been sacked for gross misconduct, closely allied to her blog. Now, apparently Catherine has scarcely mentioned anything pertaining to her job in her blog but her employers have cited "breakdown of trust". And, though I will inevitably sound as if I am standing up for the Man here, I can see their point on that. Not exactly fair dismissal but I can understand how people would get nervous knowing that one of their workers or colleagues has a large audience to play to. The blog itself is a bit like Bridget Jones though I can't say I've really read it in great detail. Check it out here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's just like andy said.
halleluia,
my fifteen seconds of fame!!!
many thanks olly, lol eva